Terms & Conditions
- A child is defined as any person under the age of 18. The maximum number of guests for Carolina Elegance is 16, including children over the age of 2 years, and all adults.
- No refunds will be provided due to inoperable appliances, utilities, or pools. The owner will make every effort to assure that such appliances will be in, and will remain in, good working order. No refunds will be given due to power blackouts, water shortage, flooding, snow, construction at adjacent properties, or mandatory evacuations of the area by county officials due to hurricanes or other potentially dangerous situations arising from acts of God or nature.
- Guest is responsible for all shipping costs for any Lost and Found items that the Owner requests to return to Guest. Items found and not claimed within 30 days will be disposed of at the discretion of the Owner.
- The private pool is provided at Carolina Elegance and Carolina Elegance North, and it will be prepared and tested for proper and safe chemicals prior to or on the day of occupancy. The pool CAN BE HEATED FOR AN ADDITIONAL FEE with advanced notice. These fees will be paid directly to the homeowner by check, Venmo, or ZELLE. There are also two passenger low-speed vehicles (street-legal golf carts) for rent. These will also be paid ahead of time and directly to the homeowner.
- During the season, the pool is cleaned twice a week. EVERYONE must get OUT OF THE POOL and take all toys and floats out of the pool during the cleaning process, and follow the timing of the pool company as to when it is safe to get back into the pool.
- Misuse of the pool by the spilling of foreign substances into the pool, i.e. soap, shampoo, oils, glass, or metal will result in a Service Call Charge at the sole discretion of the Owner. Violation of this provision shall be grounds for expedited eviction and forfeiture of all monies paid. Children who wear diapers must wear the appropriate swim
diapers when in the pool.
- Linens and towels (no beach towels are supplied) are supplied, and the Guest is responsible for lost or damaged items at the replacement cost of two for each item damaged or lost, whether it is linens or towels.
- In the event, the Owner is unable to make the Rental Property available for any reason other than described above or a reasonable substitute as determined by the Owner, the Guest agrees that the Owner’s sole liability as a result of this unavailability is to provide a full refund of all monies paid under this Agreement and Guest expressly acknowledges that in no event shall Owner be held liable for any special or consequential damages which result from this unavailability. The guest also agrees to indemnify the Owner from and against liability for injury to the Guest or any other person occupying the Rental Property resulting from any cause whatsoever, including, but not limited to, an injury sustained as a result of the use of the pool, exercise equipment, etc. except only such a personal injury caused by the gross negligence or intentional acts of the Owner.
- The Owner may terminate this Agreement upon the breach of the terms hereof by the Guest. Guest shall not be entitled to the return of any rental monies paid under the terms of this Agreement and shall vacate the Property immediately.
- The agreement shall be enforced under the laws of the state of South Carolina, including any applicable rental acts of that state, and represents the entire Agreement. Any amendments must be in writing and signed by both parties. In the event of a dispute, legal action may only be instituted in the county within which the Rental Property is located. If any part of this Agreement shall be deemed unenforceable by law, that part shall be omitted from this Agreement without affecting the remaining Agreement.
- The Owner shall conduct all brokerage activities in regard to this Agreement without respect to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, handicap, or familial status of any Guest.
- The Rental Property offers access to recreational and water activities, including swimming. Guest fully understands and acknowledges that outdoor recreation and water activities have inherent risks, dangers, and hazards. Participation in such activities and/or use of equipment may result in injury or illness including, but not limited to bodily injury, disease, strains, fractures, partial and/or total paralysis, death, or other ailments that could cause serious disability.
- Guest agrees to fully indemnify and hold harmless the Owner and any and all agents, employees, or contractors for any injury or damage caused by these activities, whether caused by the negligence of the Owners, the negligence of the participants, the negligence of others, accidents, breaches of contract, the forces of nature or other causes foreseeable or unforeseeable. Guest hereby assumes all risks and dangers and all responsibility for any losses and/or damages, whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence or other conduct of the Owners or by any other person.
- Guest hereby voluntarily agrees to release, waive, discharge, hold harmless, defend, and indemnify Owner and any and all agents, employees, or contractors from any and all claims, actions, or losses for bodily injury, property damage, wrongful death, loss of services or otherwise which may arise out of my use of Rental Property facilities, equipment, or activities. Guest further assumes full responsibility for the actions of any and all persons whom he may allow entering the property during the rental period and indemnifies Owner from any and all claims arising from such other persons. Please note that there are only exterior security cameras on the property for safety. Guests will be charged a service fee should they tamper with, adjust, remove, disable, or damage any camera.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual agreements and covenants herein contained, the Guest has read and agreed to the following:
- I understand the rules and rental conditions upon which I am agreeing to rent accommodations, equipment, and use of the property, pool, and land. I acknowledge and accept that the sole responsibility for safety lies with the participant. In agreeing with this, I acknowledge that outdoors, water, and exposure to the natural elements and animals can be dangerous and sometimes result in injury and even death. Steps and decks and pavers can be slippery, animals and insects can threaten and infect or injure, and exposure to the elements can cause hypothermia, and sunburn, among other risks inherent in participating in outdoor and water activities. I know that alcohol and/or drugs do not mix safely with any outdoor activity. I agree to not use any illegal drugs on the property.
- I am over the age of 25, and I assume responsibility for the other adult guests and those guests under the age of 25. I hereby assume all legal responsibility for bodily injury to me or to any person on the property as a result of my visit and use, operation, or possession of equipment hired or loaned to me. Acknowledging this, I accept complete responsibility for the minor children and myself in my charge and visit the property and equipment and engage in activities or events at my own risk.
- I will abide by the rules and accept these rental conditions: The property I rent will be returned to the same condition in which it was rented, and I will be responsible for all damage and/or loss that occurs during my rental period.
- I agree to hold harmless and to indemnify the Owner of the Rental Property against all loss, damage, expense, and penalty on account of personal injury or property damage to the rental dwellers, the undersigned, or to any minor child or children in the charge of the undersigned, however arising, whether by act or acts or failure to act of the employees, Owners, or animals of the said company or property Owners or not.
- I acknowledge receipt of the property in good order and condition (if found otherwise per my arrival, I will contact the Owner immediately) and further agree that the Owner of the Rental Property shall not be liable for consequential damages of any kind or nature from whatever cause arising, whether property or equipment is loaned or rented.
- I enter into an agreement freely with the Owner of the Rental Property at my own risk, acknowledging the risks inherent in outdoor and water activities. I assume any and all responsibility for the other adult guests, minor children, and myself in my charge.
- All parties agree to and will comply with Federal, State, and County pollution laws and any other applicable laws and regulations. I also agree, by signing this document, that I will not hold the Owner “hostage” by threatening a bad review if I am held to the above rules and information.